“Time” es una palabra que forma muchas frases. Es parte de una gran cantidad de verbos compuestos, modismos y expresiones. En este breve relato, echemos un vistazo a 11 de mis expresiones favoritas que llevan la palabra “time”.
Toma nota de las expresiones con “time” al observarlas en el texto:
“It was lunchtime and as I had time on my hands, I thought it was high time to meet up with an old school friend. I called Sam and asked if he had time to meet me for lunch and he said he would love to spend some time with me and that we should meet at 1pm.
We met at the cafe down the road and I was on time but he called me to say he was running behind time and would be 5 minutes late so I read a newspaper to kill some time. He’s late all the time so I was expecting to wait and in the meantime I enjoyed catching up on the latest news.
Time went by and he arrived a little later. We had a great time eating and drinking and soon it was evening. Time flies when you are having fun! Sam had to leave to be in time to catch his train.
‘See you next time’ I said as he left.”
¿Qué expresión significa lo siguiente?
1. Time to eat in the middle of the day
2. Extra time to use
3. The right time for something (usually that you have delayed)
4. To use time to do something
5. To do something at the correct time
6. When you are doing things after their scheduled time
7. Very often
8. Time passed
9. Enjoyed ourselves
10. Time passes quickly when you are enjoying yourself
11. To arrive before the correct time
1. Lunchtime (almuerzo).
2. Time on your hands (el tiempo que tienes disponible).
3. High time to/for (el mejor momento para hacer algo).
4. Spend time (el tiempo invertido en algo).
5. On time (a tiempo, en el momento debido).
6. Running behind time (cuando se termina el tiempo o se hace tarde).
7. All the time (cuando algo pasa con mucha frecuencia).
8. Time went by (se usa para denotar que ha pasado tiempo).
9. Have a great time (diviértete o pasa un buen rato).
10. Time flies when you are having fun (el tiempo vuela cuando te diviertes).
11. In time (cuando llegas temprano a un lugar o compromiso).
Image by: Shari