Find out more about the most popular foods you will find in the United States.
1. Hot dog – As one of the most popular foods eaten during a baseball game or on a hot day, this snack is an American summer-time classic. It is a 4-inch (10.16 cm) piece of pork sausage served on a bun. Usually people add other things on top of the sausage such as cheese, onions, mustard, ketchup, relish, and other condiments.
2. Hamburger/cheeseburger – A hamburger is an icon of any fast-food chain in the USA. Hamburgers are made with a round beef patty, put between two pieces of a round bun. Along with the beef patty, hamburgers will have onions, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup and mustard. If you want all of this plus an extra slice of cheese, then order a cheeseburger.
3. Apple pie – Apple pie is one of the most traditional foods in America. People love to reminisce about the delicious smell of apple pie that they remember from growing up. Apple pie is sweet and is therefore mainly eaten as a dessert. It is made with a sweet pastry crust filled with mashed apples and other sweet baking ingredients in the middle.
4. BLT – This is one of the most popular sandwiches in America. It contains bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes, which is why it is called a BLT.
5. Buffalo wings – Buffalo wings are spicy chicken wings that are fried and dipped in a special sauce to make them extra hot. A barbecue classic!